Hospitality Management – Doctorate
The hybrid hospitality management (HM) graduate program gives you the skills to become a true leader within your workplace and industry. From eco-friendly lodging to electronic check-ins, you will study pertinent issues to this industry and learning the best ways to approach those issues.
The distance doctor of philosophy program is designed to meet the needs of professionals employed in industry, education, and other hospitality-related professions who want to obtain a terminal degree for their career advancement. If this describes you, the only in-person requirement is two consecutive summers in a hybrid program (maximum of three weeks each). Otherwise, you enroll in courses delivered via the web during fall and spring semesters.
The Iowa State University course catalog lists course descriptions of graduate courses offered.
Graduate College Requirements:
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
- Academic Records/Transcripts
- Minimum 3.0 GPA (Program may alter requirement.)
- Proof of English Proficiency
For more information visit the Graduate College website.
72 total credit hours:
- Up to 30 credit hours may be accepted from the master’s degree coursework, depending on types of courses taken and fit with your goals.