Occupational Safety – Undergraduate Certificate
Looking to enhance your expertise in workplace safety and health issues? The Certificate in Occupational Safety from Iowa State University is tailored for professionals in management roles, offering you the knowledge and skills to protect workers from injuries and illnesses in industries such as manufacturing, construction, agriculture, and energy.
This is education done your way! Achieve your certification goals without disrupting your commitments. The occupational safety certificate is entirely online, providing the flexibility to balance work and learning.
Why Choose Occupational Safety?
Strengthen Your Organization: Enhance your company’s ability to safeguard workers and create a safer work environment.
- Flexible Learning – The program consists of 20 online credits, allowing you to study from anywhere
- Comprehensive Curriculum – Courses cover key topics including Principles of Injury Prevention, Occupational Safety Management, Legal Aspects of Occupational Safety and Health, and more
- Customizable Electives – Choose from courses like Fire Protection and Prevention or work with our adviser to select safety courses that align with your goals
- Real-world Application – Our capstone workshop ensures you can apply what you learn to real situations, making an immediate impact in your workplace
Your employment future is bright
- “Overall employment of occupational health and safety specialists and technicians is projected to grow 5 percent from 2021 to 2031, about as fast as the average for all occupations.”
- 2021 median pay for occupational health and safety specialist and technicians is $74,870 per year
- The curriculum of the certificate is mapped to Associate Safety Professional exam. “Just one certification can push the salary up by $10,000.“
Join a diverse community of professionals
Our program welcomes individuals from various industries, including manufacturing, construction, agriculture, transportation, and energy. Learn alongside peers who share your drive for safety and success.
The Occupational Safety Certificate will provide current employees who have management and/or safety responsibilities (and a bachelor’s degree) with desired professional development and recognition of their increased professional knowledge and skills.
20 CREDITS REQUIRED